An (incomplete) list of things we believed that turned out not to be true.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Check out our Visualized Anatomy Program here
- Eyal Lederman Fall Of the Postural Structural Biomechanical Model here
- No evidence that exercise is more effective than non-exercise placebo for chronic pain here
- More high quality research is needed to be confident about the effectiveness of Motivational Interviewing here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s new book:
- Strengthen The Person Not Just The Body Part here
About Daniel Arbilla:
Daniel is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist based in Sydney, Australia.
Daniel is passionate about guiding and coaching health and fitness professionals through challenging cases and to assist them in implementing the process of applying evidence-based care and psychologically-informed practice.
After years of further tertiary education, mentoring with strength and conditioning experts and countless courses, both nationally and abroad, Daniel‘s mission is to give clinicians the tools they need to empower their clients with self-efficacy, resilience and progress towards their value-driven goals.
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are four ways we can help you really know your stuff.
1) Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
2) Download our free report: “3 Myths about Posture in Pilates“. Ditch the myths and get the facts on posture. For Pilates instructors and movement enthusiasts alike.
3) Join us in our FREE live, open-mic Community Sessions. We start each session by sharing one of our latest insights that you can take and apply with your clients. And then we’ll go open-mic for the remaining 45-minutes — ask whatever questions you have so you can leave the session equipped to really know your stuff. Details here.
4) Or — our next intake for our Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course. For a limited time — get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor, and we’ll answer all your questions to find out if the course is a perfect fit for you. Go here to schedule