My 5 reasons why you should not worry about anterior pelvic tilt – ever.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Connect with Raph on IG here
- Schedule a call with our team here
- Abdominal strength is not related to pelvic tilt here
- Erector spinae, glutes and hamstrings are inactive in quiet standing here
- 8 weeks of abdominal strengthening doesn’t change pelvic tilt here
- Abdominal & hip flexor length is not associated with pelvic tilt here
- Hip muscle stiffness does not correlate with pelvic tilt here
- Stretching hamstrings does not change pelvic tilt here
- Up to 23 degrees variation in PSIS height here
- Palpation of PSIS has 15-20mm error here
- CDC finds visual assessment of posture is accurate within 30 degrees here
- Only 16% agreement on lordosis between experienced health professionals here
- Anterior pelvic tilt is associated with LESS back pain here
- 75% of pain-free women and 84% of pain-free men have “anterior pelvic tilt” here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s books:
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are four ways we can help you really know your stuff.
1) Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
2) Download our free report: “3 Myths about Posture in Pilates“. Ditch the myths and get the facts on posture. For Pilates instructors and movement enthusiasts alike.
3) Join us in our FREE live, open-mic Community Sessions. We start each session by sharing one of our latest insights that you can take and apply with your clients. And then we’ll go open-mic for the remaining 45-minutes — ask whatever questions you have so you can leave the session equipped to really know your stuff. Details here.
4) Or — our next intake for our Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course. For a limited time — get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor, and we’ll answer all your questions to find out if the course is a perfect fit for you. Go here to schedule