Find resources mentioned in the episode:
- Schedule a call with our team here
- Connect with Raph on IG here
- Golgi Tendon Organs respond more to changes in tension than to absolute tension here
- GTOs also desensitize after high tension.
- Glute activation drills increase perception but not actual glute activation here
- Elite bodybuilders can’t accurately sense muscle activation here
- Conscious experience of expected movements is inhibited here
- High levels of mechanical tension on individual muscle fibers is the main stimulus for strengthening here and here and here
- Stretch-induced muscle growth here
- Changes in back pain after TrA retraining are not related to changes in TrA timing here
- External focus of attention works better in rehab here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s books:
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are ways we can help you really know your stuff.
Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
If you are looking for inspiration, you want more than just a Pilates class, join our online community of qualified Pilates instructors from all over the world.
We help Pilates instructors build a solo business teaching Pilates from home or online to earn $100k a year through the Pilates Launchpad.
Check out Breathe Education here – https://breathe-education.com/.