Amy and Raphael discuss Fitness Pilates, or is it not even Pilates? And does it matter?
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Check out our Visualized Anatomy Program here
- Connect with Amy Hedger online, on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Fitter people live longer here
- Stronger people live longer here
- This is what fast and controlled looks like here
- More vigorous exercise increases lifespan even more here
- Exercise improves sleep here
- Long-term resistance exercise improves metabolic health and insulin sensitivity here
- Exercise makes you happier here
- Exercise reduces anxiety and depression here
- Exercise improves cognitive function and slows progress of Alzheimer’s here and here
- If you really want to increase strength work with a load where you can’t do more than 10 reps here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s new book:
- Strengthen The Person Not Just The Body Part here
About Amy Hedger:
Amy is the founder of A.FORM Pilates with over 5 years of experience instructing in various cities such as Melbourne and London. She believes there is no right ‘form’ of Pilates but what works best for the individual. Furthering her skill set in completing her Diploma in Clinical and Rehabilitation Pilates with Breathe Education, Amy coaches all levels of capabilities offering expert knowledge. She constantly strives to make her clients the strongest and most resilient they can be, both mentally and physically.
How to Connect with Amy:
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are four ways we can help you really know your stuff.
1) Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
2) Download our free report: “3 Myths about Posture in Pilates“. Ditch the myths and get the facts on posture. For Pilates instructors and movement enthusiasts alike.
3) Join us in our FREE live, open-mic Community Sessions. We start each session by sharing one of our latest insights that you can take and apply with your clients. And then we’ll go open-mic for the remaining 45-minutes — ask whatever questions you have so you can leave the session equipped to really know your stuff. Details here.
4) Or — our next intake for our Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course. For a limited time — get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor, and we’ll answer all your questions to find out if the course is a perfect fit for you. Go here to schedule