Neutral or imprinted spine?
What exercises are safe for pregnant women?
What is and isn’t Pilates?
Pineapple on pizza?
These are the recurring conversations we have in Pilates – why do we keep having the same conversations, and what, if anything, can we do to move on?
Resources mentioned in the episode:
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s books:
About Kyle Marsh:
A lifelong student of movement, Kyle is a Brooklyn-based Pilates instructor, educator, choreographer, dance artist, Integrative Health Coach, small business entrepreneur, and capoeirista.
As a Pilates instructor, Kyle is known for empowering her students to move intelligently and fearlessly within their own practice. Inspired by her background as a dancer and her interest in body-mind-science Kyle pursued advanced education in Pilates instruction and holds separate 450hr + comprehensive course certificates in both Contemporary and Classical Pilates instruction.
From 2016-2020 Kyle was on faculty as a Lead Teacher Trainer and administrator for Equinox Pilates Institute, under the direction of Carrie Macy Samper.
Currently, Kyle is the co-founder of True II Form Pilates and Wellness, an online Pilates-based fitness studio dedicated to delivering athletic strength forming moves for every(body) that empowers practitioners to feel radiant and free in the body that is theirs.
Kyle graduated summa cum laude from Mason Gross School of the Arts with a B.F.A. in dance and holds a Masters Degree in Dance Education from The Graduate School of Education at Rutgers University.
On the weekends Kyle enjoys getting outside and spending time with her husband and their Corgi pup named Moose.
How to Connect with Kyle:
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are four ways we can help you really know your stuff.
1) Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
2) Download our free report: “3 Myths about Posture in Pilates“. Ditch the myths and get the facts on posture. For Pilates instructors and movement enthusiasts alike.
3) Join us in our FREE live, open-mic Community Sessions. We start each session by sharing one of our latest insights that you can take and apply with your clients. And then we’ll go open-mic for the remaining 45-minutes — ask whatever questions you have so you can leave the session equipped to really know your stuff. Details here.
4) Or — our next intake for our Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course. For a limited time — get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor, and we’ll answer all your questions to find out if the course is a perfect fit for you. Go here to schedule