We talk about stability a lot but when you look closely it’s not possible to define the word in relation to back pain and injury.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Schedule a call with our team here
- Follow Raph on IG here
- People who receive spinal stabilization exercises improvement in pain is unrelated to changes in TrA timing here
- When researchers assess people with LBP for spinal stability, and give specific stabilization exercises only to people who are “unstable” they don’t experience better outcomes than unmatched exercise where the people were not ’unstable” here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s books:
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are ways we can help you really know your stuff.
Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
If you are looking for inspiration, you want more than just a Pilates class, join our online community of qualified Pilates instructors from all over the world.
We help Pilates instructors build a solo business teaching Pilates from home or online to earn $100k a year through the Pilates Launchpad.
Check out Breathe Education here – https://breathe-education.com/.