There is a persistent myth in the Pilates world that prenatal Pilates needs to be gentle, safe, highly modified and complicated. But this is not true…
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Watch ‘$100k Pilates Workshop Replay’ here
- Register your interest to receive an advanced copy of Raph’s book ‘How to make $100k a year teaching Pilates here
- Our Pilates Certification will increase in price by 10% on April 1st. Beat the price rise here
- Connect with Hailey Hawkins here
- Check out some of Hailey’s Instagram posts here and here and here and here
- ACSM guidelines here
- ACOG guidelines here
- No relationship between relaxin levels and pelvic pain here
- The Sacroiliac joint moves 0.2 degrees in women diagnosed with pelvic instability here
- Instead the intensity of fear-avoidance beliefs predicts pelvic pain here
- During a curl up diastasis gets smaller here
- Ab strengthening during pregnancy reduces diastasis here
- Curl-ups reduce diastasis here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s new book:
- Strengthen The Person Not Just The Body Part here
About Hailey Hawkins:
Hailey Hawkins is a Pilates Instructor trainer at Breathe Education. She has been practicing Pilates for almost 15 years and is excited to help trainees learn the skills they need to confidently teach empowering movement to everyone. She is passionate about fostering critical thinking skills in her students, so they can develop an applicable toolset that they can use wherever and however they teach Pilates.
How to Connect with Hailey:
- Find Hailey Hawkins on Instagram
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are four ways we can help you really know your stuff.
1) Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
2) Download our free report: “3 Myths about Posture in Pilates“. Ditch the myths and get the facts on posture. For Pilates instructors and movement enthusiasts alike.
3) Join us in our FREE live, open-mic Community Sessions. We start each session by sharing one of our latest insights that you can take and apply with your clients. And then we’ll go open-mic for the remaining 45-minutes — ask whatever questions you have so you can leave the session equipped to really know your stuff. Details here.
4) Or — our next intake for our Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course. For a limited time — get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor, and we’ll answer all your questions to find out if the course is a perfect fit for you. Go here to schedule