TW: This episode contains content about substance abuse and addiction.
We acknowledge that this may be difficult and encourage you to care for your safety and well-being by talking to your healthcare professional if any of the issues in this show have affected you.
This is the inspiring story of how Pilates helped Rebecca Solberg overcome addiction and find connection, meaning and peace.
Pilates is not a substitute for working with a mental health professional. But it can sure be an amazing complement.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Check out our Visualized Anatomy program here
About Raphael Bender:
Raph believes everyone deserves the opportunity to transform into a better version of themselves. His main strength as a teacher and movement professional is the ability to distill complex research findings into a simple, science-based approach to help people move fearlessly, thoughtlessly, and painlessly. He LOVES running, weights, cycling, and Contrology.
Raph holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology (Rehabilitation), a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, and STOTT PILATES full certification.
How to Connect with Raphael:
- Find Breathe Education on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Find Raphael Bender on Instagram here: @the_raphaelbender
Purchase Raph’s new book:
- Strengthen The Person Not Just The Body Part here
About Rebecca Solberg:
Rebecca Solberg is a Pilates Instructor based in Seattle, Washington. She has been teaching Pilates for 8 years now. As a teacher, Rebecca aims to help her clients feel safe and comfortable while working to strengthen their bodies and move with less pain and more freedom. She works with a fantastic group of women at Main Street Pilates (www.mainstreetpilates.com) and also teaches private students outside of the class.
Rebecca holds a 600-hour Pilates Certification, Great Yoga Wall Certification™, and Pilates For Neurological Conditions with Mariska Breland. Currently, she’s studying Diploma of Clinical Pilates and The Complete Pilates Apparatus Course at Breathe Education.
Rebecca likes to keep herself busy with all forms of movement, baking, journaling and spending time with her husband, dogs, family and Breathe Education.
How to Connect with Rebecca:
Looking for Pilates mastery?
Here are four ways we can help you really know your stuff.
1) Subscribe to our Pilates Elephants podcast and learn why most Pilates education is decades out of date at best, and at worst, just plain pseudoscientific. This inconvenient disconnect means there are many topics in Pilates that are “Elephants in the Room” – things we don’t question because it’s a bit heretical to do so. We’re here to change that.
2) Download our free report: “3 Myths about Posture in Pilates“. Ditch the myths and get the facts on posture. For Pilates instructors and movement enthusiasts alike.
3) Join us in our FREE live, open-mic Community Sessions. We start each session by sharing one of our latest insights that you can take and apply with your clients. And then we’ll go open-mic for the remaining 45-minutes — ask whatever questions you have so you can leave the session equipped to really know your stuff. Details here.
4) Or — our next intake for our Diploma in Clinical Pilates is open NOW. We have limited places for this in-depth, world-leading course. For a limited time — get a free 20-minute Discovery Call with one of our Pilates Trainers. This is not a high-pressure sales call – you’ll be talking with a Pilates instructor, and we’ll answer all your questions to find out if the course is a perfect fit for you. Go here to schedule